UCL IRDR is an abbreviation for University College London Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction. The foundation has 70 scholastics across 12 departments and 7 faculties associated with widely acclaimed research and practice. The organization was facilitated in 2010 with a mission to lead research, collect and exchange knowledge and teach on risk and disaster reduction across UCL. The team c of the establishment is conformed to disaster resilience , migration, human response, emergencies, worldwide health, gender responsiveness, etc. The UCL IRDR Masters Scholarship is granted to student’s chasing after a degree in the reputable institute.
Natural occurrences such as Earthquakes , Volcano, flood, tidal waves, pandemics, climate change, etc have brought death and suffering to mankind. The Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction through broad research understands risk, its causes, how to increase resilience and decrease these risk – making the institute indispensable to mankind. The IRDR tries to associate educational program to humanitarian research and impact national and global policy making. Students in the institute are admitted through the Department of Earth sciences.
The UCL IRDR Masters Scholarship
Application is going on for the UCL IRDR Masters Scholarship. The grant is granted in four classes for MSc and MRes student’s in the UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction. The scholarship is granted as a decrease in full-time student fees, and are available to students applying to any of the following programs:
- MSc in Risk Disaster and Resilience
- MSc in Risk and Disaster Science
- MSc in Space Risk and Disaster Reduction
- MRes in Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Candidates are supposed to be scholastically solid with passing marks
- Candidates are supposed to have a degree of passion and excitement to study on the IRDR Master’s Program
- For candidates to be qualified for this scholarship, they need to separately apply for a place on their picked Masters Program through the UCL application.
- The scholarship doesn’t take care of the whole educational cost expense; candidates should have adequate funds to cover the leftover charges.
- Candidate must have applied for either Master’s program in IRDR: MSc in Risk Disaster and Resilience, MSc in Risk and Disaster Science, MRes in Risk and Disaster Reduction or MSc in Space Risk and Disaster Reduction.
Qualified Course: MSc in Risk and Disaster Science, MSc in Space Risk and Disaster Reduction, MRes in Risk and Disaster Reduction and MSc in Risk Disaster and Resilience.
How to Apply For The UCL IRDR Masters Scholarship
- Candidates should have a place on their picked Master’s program with an application number which ought to be included in the application.
- All application ought to on A4 size pages, with least edges of 2cm and written in Arial text font size 11, containing:
- A one-page CV, containing the candidates’ schooling and grades, any relevant work experience
- A one-page personal statement, including an outline of why the candidate figures thinks he should be considered for the scholarship and how he/she will benefit from the award. The personal statement ought to contain how the Masters degree will be utilized in the future.
- The application should have the exact email subject title of “UCL IRDR Masters Scholarship Application”. In the email sent to email@example.com
Note that any section exceeding the page limits, will be automatically discarded and emails under a different subjects may not be received.
- £12,500 is granted to International students towards educational expenses
- £5,000 is awarded to home students towards educational expenses.
Host Nationality: United Kingdom
The Scholarship is available to student’s from all around the World.